Dear Returning Students:
As the summer is well underway, we are excited about your return to the College on Tuesday, August 9, 2016 for registration and moving into the residence halls. While the planning for your return continues, we hope that you are adequately doing the same in anticipation for a spirited year of positive change.
We want to ensure that all students are safe and acting responsibly. It is my hope that you will abide by the policies of the College as you re-enter these hollow walls. I ask that you respect those that function on behalf of the College as I would ask them to do the same.
The Student Government Association is working very hard to lead by example and is in discussion with administration about their expectations. Your SGA President, Darryl Harper, is diligently occupied with several proposals for your benefit. We invite you to become an integral part of the activities that will be provided for you to support your academic pursuit.
As a reminder, the following items are listed as updates and information:
Remove all holds prior to returning
- Remove all holds prior to returning
- Register online for the Fall 2016 semester
- Complete all financial aid documents
- Housing Deposit
- $75 (Battle, Blantons, Guerry-Finley, Halmi)
- $150 (Menafee – Limited rooms still available – requires assessment by the business office)
- $200 (New Living and Learning Center – Limited rooms still available and requires assessment by the business office)
- Must have a valid schedule to enter the residence halls (no exceptions)
- New major in Psychology
- Working to improve food service in the dining hall
- CLASSES BEGIN WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10TH
Upon your return and attendance at an activity sponsored by the Office of Violence Against Women Campus Programs (Stop Domestic Violence), all students will receive a backpack, t-shirt and pen. We look forward to your return for the new academic year of exciting opportunities. See you in August!!!
Dean of Students